NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Mother's Homeschool Journal #20




In my life this week…
Meetings, back pain laying me up for a day and a half, and my favorite... first day of fall!  Still trying to maneuver our schedule to accommodate the bloggy tendencies  of this mama... I feel like a part of me isn't working right when I am not on her tapping away words for you to read :-)

In our homeschool this week…
We tried something new and unusual:  schoolwork Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  On account of back-to-back meetings hubby and I had on Wednesday.  A review of this schedule today produced three strong "yay"s in favor of continuing a similar schedule!  Other then missing three days in a row off, I like the idea too!  They even did better on their spelling with that extra day to study!

I’m grateful for…
God's amazing grace... that when I say and think and do crazy things, God forgives me and teaches me how to grow through it!

I’m praying for…
The illusive T-I-M-E  I don't understand how our regular school week tends to steal ALL my free time when our schedule should grant me regular free time this year!  I am praying for God to show me where (and how) he wants me to have time for blogging, ministry focus and reading.

My favorite thing this week was…
First day of Autumn :-)
 
What's working/not working for us...
I made those adjustments previously mentioned; setting time segments for math and language arts, and it has worked wonderfully.  The kids got all their work done every day that they didn't spend half their time messing around!  (which did happen 1 1/2 days this week!)

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…



Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. I have always liked four day school weeks with one day for other stuff.
    Enjoyed your post,
    Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, glad you stopped by! I am schooling 2 kids with learning 'gifts' (Dyslexia and ADHD) and one who is an accelerated learner. It adds variety but we have learned that 5-day weeks are too challenging to the 2 and they loose focus and we end up counter-productive! We have never tried a mid-week day off though, we have always observe Monday or Friday, so this should be interesting! It did work great this week, I pray it continues to be successful this way! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete