NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Mother's Homeschool Journal #17




 

In my life this week…
We started back to school!  I have been working at practicing our regular schedule (easier said then done!) and enjoying the fact that lesson plans and organization is complete!  

I am not able to blog regularly yet.  During the summer my mornings were used for article writing.  Now, with school starting back up, mornings are used for teaching and my afternoons have been monopolized by other unexpected things!  I miss checking in on the blog rolls and hope and pray to get some time back for that purpose soon.

In our homeschool this week…
 
We were introduced to our new books and our new schedule!  We learned that we are keeping a learning log this year (and how to do that!).  We studied maps and how to use them as well and made topographical maps of faces (Thank you Geography Fun!)


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We are praying over a possible weekend get-away for my husband's birthday next weekend.  Also looking forward to our schedule being more situated so we can take a day each week to spend doing school at the library :-)

My favorite thing this week was…
Back-to-school (I do soooo love spending that time learning with my sweeties).

My other favorite this week was a morning I was blessed to spend with God and receive a Word about our ministry and vision focus.
 
What's working/not working for us...
Our folder system continues to be a blessing this year.  I am hoping to pop a post up in the next week or two about our curriculum and how we are schooling this year. With only one week under our belt so far this school year I can say everything is going wonderfully so far :-)

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
I sometimes wish there was more time in the schooling day but, alas, neighborhood kids get off the bus and my kids suddenly feel the need to be DONE.  Would so squeeze in more crafts and extras if we weren't affected by the neighborhood vibes!
 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
I love big-band music and found this site today: Live 365  I have been jamming out to the swing music section all afternoon!  If only I could put it on my MP3 player and take it with me!   

For those of you that think I am crazy, here is another link:  Handwriting Worksheets.  Brenden and Brooke are doing cursive this year and this site is wonderful and easy to use for making worksheets to practice handwriting on.

Blessings to you for a wonderful homeschool week!






4 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear about your file folder system! Workboxes aren't for me as I would never keep them up, but we've been using work BINDERS for years. I always enjoy learning other organizing ideas to see what might fit.

    LOL What a creative idea to do topographical FACE maps!

    Stopping by from The Homeschool Mother's Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Geography Fun idea! Just ordered my copy from Amazon!

    http://cominguproses.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our side of: I look forward to sharing! Our system is related to Workboxes (they were my inspiration) but I don't have the room for that kind of set-up. I have been blessed by the folders for multiple reasons... which I will share soon :-) I can say, having a lesson plan at least somewhat hammered out is part of the key. Thanks for stopping by! I will be sure to get my organizing post up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty, You are very welcome! So glad to hear of your purchase... I know you will love it as we have for the last few years!

    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete