NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blessed

I'm going to do it... I had to pray first... even though it seems so simple.... we don't want to be outside of God's will even in the simple things.

What am I going to do?



Yes, I am going to participate in the ABC's of Homeschooling.  At least, I will try it for this week (check back next to see if my peace in participating continues!)

My word?

B is for Blessed, Blessings, Bless (and Bowing to pray for such!).

What is a homeschool if we operate outside of God's will?  Though I can't imagine being outside of God's will in teaching my children!

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."  - Proverbs 22:6

However, teach them what?  Ahhh, here we settle back, bow our heads, and listen.  Listen for HIS desires in the lives of our young students.  After all, they are His on loan to us.  Shouldn't He have a say in all we do with them?

How?

We pray, we search, we attend curriculum fairs.  We wait for that peace and wisdom God grants when we find the right fit.

We pray, we search, we lift up our day, each day, to our Heavenly Father, Principal supreme, and we seek His Blessing. 

What if not?

Well, we all have good days and bad days in homeschooling.  But what if we are having too many bad days?  What if we are constantly trudging up hill with a 100 lb. backpack strapped on?  Well, then it is time to re-evaluate.  Stop. Sit.  Bow and pray. 

When we stop to submit then we can be Blessed and what is better than our blessings?  The blessings our children receive.  Not only do they see you humble yourself before the Lord.... they learn to humble themselves as well.  They learn to Stop.  Sit.  Bow and pray.  We raise a generation of Blessed.

May you have bountiful blessings in your homeschool adventures this week.  Don't forget....

Stop.
Sit.
Bow and pray.

God Bless!!


8 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder!! Not only that we are blessed but also that we have to remember to BOW and PRAY for every little thing. I forgot that for a couple of years (several years back now) and it ended in frustration and my putting my kids in SCHOOL. God got me back into his will by that and other events, but it's something I haven't forgotten! Always go back to your Source. :)
    Thanks for linking up today! I do hope you'll join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wholeheartedly agree! We must bow, ask, and listen for his blessings on our way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! Everyday should be done with a Prayer and a Praise! We are all truly Blessed! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments everyone! And thanks for hosting Dawn! I just loved being a part :-) God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great word and an inspiring post. Yes, let us always remember to seek his daily blessing! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You bet Joelle! Thanks for reading :-) God Bless and have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post. I am so thankful I found you today.....I love sunflowers...they are my favorite. Last summer, we drove through SD....and I was able to see all of the huge sunflower farms in full bloom.......it was breathtaken! Love your sweet blog and can't wait to read more!

    BTW, I host a link up on Wednesdays call Mom's Mustard Seeds.....it is to encourage others to meditate/memorize scriptures...I see your links to the side....I don't have any rules, just that it contain God's word......if you're interested, drop by....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed this site. Did you check out our Missions website (http://kogmissions.org/) I write there daily as well. My articles there have a more general audience. This is the place I come to write from a woman's heart to a woman's heart :-)

    The kids and I drove through South Dakota a few years ago and just loved it. Did you read my story about sunflowers? (along top tabs) They are, most assuredly, marvelous flowers!

    I will definitely check your link-up out! Thanks for sharing that... God Bless!

    ReplyDelete