NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Friday, April 22, 2011

Photo Meme Good Friday

I just can not bring myself to do the regular Photo Meme Friday.  I sit here, watching The Gospel of John and Jesus speak to the disciples before he is arrested the prelude to all that is Good about this Friday, and I feel like I do Him no justice if I don't honor His memory.

In remembrance and reverence of my Savior, I wish to share some photos that are not mine.  I found them this week while looking for a picture to use in my Walking With Him Wednesday article.  Pictures, I pray, we can all gaze on and truly consider what He did for us on the cross 2000 years ago.  His death that guaranteed us Life.

“In a little while you won’t see me anymore. But a little while after that, you will see me again.”  - John 16:16

 

13 “Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy. 14 I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. 16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do. 17 Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. 18 Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. 19 And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.  - John 17:13-19

 16 Then Pilate turned Jesus over to them to be crucified.  So they took Jesus away. 17 Carrying the cross by himself, he went to the place called Place of the Skull (in Hebrew, Golgotha). 18 There they nailed him to the cross. Two others were crucified with him, one on either side, with Jesus between them.  - John 19:16-18


 11 Mary was standing outside the tomb crying, and as she wept, she stooped and looked in. 12 She saw two white-robed angels, one sitting at the head and the other at the foot of the place where the body of Jesus had been lying. 13 “Dear woman, why are you crying?” the angels asked her.
   “Because they have taken away my Lord,” she replied, “and I don’t know where they have put him.”
 14 She turned to leave and saw someone standing there. It was Jesus, but she didn’t recognize him. 15 “Dear woman, why are you crying?” Jesus asked her. “Who are you looking for?”
   She thought he was the gardener. “Sir,” she said, “if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and get him.”
 16 “Mary!” Jesus said.
   She turned to him and cried out, “Rabboni!” (which is Hebrew for “Teacher”).
 17 “Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
 18 Mary Magdalene found the disciples and told them, “I have seen the Lord!” Then she gave them his message.  - John 20:11-18

Oh, the joy of Jesus and God's Great Love for us.  He Lives!  

May you have a peace filled Easter!

ALL pictures are compliments of Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment