NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Friday, August 12, 2011

The Mother's Homeschool Journal #14



In my life this week…
 Progress :-)  I finally finished my e-SBS study on Titus and if that wasn't wonderful enough... with the completion of Titus, I have finished Module 1!!!  Soooooo excited to move onto Module 2 :-)  ((doin' the happy dance!))  

Hagios Tito/Titus Church in Crete, apparently Titus’ actual head is kept in the side chapel!  Yeah - gross!  Where is the rest of him?

 I also got the missions newsletter done as of last night and started on science lesson plans yesterday.  Science is not my strong suit (it is my husband's, I may divert to him at times this year!) so I was procrastinating.  But it looks to be easier to set up then history was!  And with only 2 weeks left in summer vacation, I need to keep plugging through!

Lots of other little things lined up this week as well and I just feel blessed to be in a forward direction right now!  (Including the blessed return of Blogger to Firefox, I am so excited to be posting daily again!)

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
 Lakeside tomorrow to clean our old church for a friend who is out of town.  With 89 degree weather expected, we hope to make a trip to the beach!  We may even see "grandma" Rita, a dear friend who has been a surrogate grandma to my kids for the past 10 years :-)

The summer reading program at the library ends next week.  It went too fast, we are sad to see it go :-( 

Annnnnnddddd, I have been asked to host the Homeschool Blog Carnival this next week.  If you have never seen or been part of one, check it out!  Make a submission too :-)  I am hoping for a bit of a theme you can read about it at the top of my web page this week.  Links to the carnival's homepage are in that post as well.  So I guess I hope to see YOU cause carnivals are soo much fun ;-)
My favorite thing this week was…
  Feeling accomplished :-)
  
Things I’m working on…
School Supply Drive.  My mother-in-law and I are working on raising school supplies for area kids.  They are for both homeschool and public school kids who can not afford to purchase them.  It has been soo much fun gathering the items and seeing others excited about donating.  I guess the fact that I LOVE school supplies enhances my enjoyment!  Whatever doesn't go at church next week I hope to bring to our annual back-to-school get-together for the area's homeschool association.

And, of course, still working on lesson plans!  Science this week and then math and language arts

I’m reading…
The Measure of a Heart (Women of the West #6)
If Jesus Were Mayor 

I didn't make any progress on "The Measure of a Heart" this week.  Got through ONE page!  lol  I didn't even crack the cover on "If Jesus Was Mayor".  But they are still in my reading pile and will accompany me to the beach tomorrow :-)  I did check out a PILE of books on local history - fascinating!

I successfully "lost" The Moffits!  (Shhh, it is somewhere in the library right now!)  The kids and I finished  "The End of the Beginning" by Avi in about 3 days!  Such an easy read.  If you have a young one learning to read chapter books, this is a good one.  It is a pointless story, but funny and easy to work through!

Sooooo, we are moving onto the sequel:
A Beginning, a Muddle, and an End: The Right Way to Write Writing
I expect it to be equally pointless and funny and quick to read!  Maybe we can squeeze one more book in before summer's end!
 
I’m praying for…
Discernment.

Questions/thoughts I have…
  Why does time fly when you are having fun?  Can't it fly when you are bored and go slower in the fun for more lasting enjoyment?
 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
This song has been stuck in my head ALL week.  No matter how hard I try I can't get it out... so now I am going to plant it in your mind :-)  (at least it is a good song to have stuck up there!)
Blessings to you for a beautiful weekend!






2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. I'm tired of thinking of all you young mothers do. I'm praying for all the homeschooling mommas who work so diligently to give their children the best education possible. Have fun at the beach -- sink your toes into the sand and find joy in the creation of our Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete