NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In a Whisper

It often starts with a whisper.  Barely audible but something of a murmur there.  It stirs our hearts and peace seems to enter the place where we are. 

Were it not for our faith, our understanding of His truth in His word, we wouldn't know what was there... WHO is there whispering and bringing such peace.

I live for these moments.  I love when my life has gotten so muddled that I can't see the way out because I know that very soon after that, God will make His presence known and begin whispering to me until I hear the Words of His heart over my own.


The LORD said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." 
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.  
- 1Kings 19:11-13


It is our faith that restores our hope.  It is our submissiveness to the Lord and willingness to stand out on a mountain and wait to hear His voice... to realize His whispers, as we draw our cloaks over our heads, will bring peace and guidance and answers.

God's presence will always bring peace, His Words will always coincide with scripture.  He does not seek destruction or heartache or sorrow.  He comes when you call but sometimes he speaks when you least expect it.  

Sometimes He calls you outside of yourself.  To do things for others or to do things you have never done before.  Sometimes he tells us to wait, other times he tells us to GO.  

Every time you follow His  Words and His leading His peace will go with you and your obedience will be rewarded with grace.

Listen for the whispers, wait for the direction, and know... no matter where you are and what is going on, God is there just waiting on you!

May you hear His whispers today.
Blessings,










Every life has testimonies of how God intercedes to show His power and glory.  To read the first installment in a brand new series of books about God's divine work in one person's life, click below




5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post today:) Often the whisper reminds me that my life is too loud, too much is going on. It causes me to pause and just be still. Thanks for sharinG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his sweet whispers...and the way he whispers to me through your posts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting quietly is so hard to do in this crazed thing we call life...but so beautiful. This is one of my favorite Scripture passages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I traveled here from Ann's blog and I wanted to say "hi".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina, Thank you. I like how you point out that His whispers often indicate a too loud life. Isn't it wonderful when we can still hear Him over that noise?

    Rebecca, My heart whispers gratitude that you always say 'hi' and that God's word can move you each week :-)

    Kathleen, You are so right! Blessed to know this scripture speaks out to others!

    myfullcup, Thanks for making the rip!

    May God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete