NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Mother's Homeschool Journal #15



In my life this week…
 
They say a picture is worth a thousand words... perhaps this one gives you some idea of 'in my life this week'.  This one too...
So that is two thousand words for you math majors ;-)  EVERY spare moment has been on final lesson plans.  Science/Health was finished and a HUGE pile of Language Arts pulled out (I took many more pictures to document my insanity adventures, I plan to share them all here in the next week or two!)

It may be madness, but I love a little madness every now and then :-)

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
My niece and nephew have been gone all summer.  The kids are looking forward to their return.  Also, we may get a last rush of summer heat and, God willing, wait out the hot weather down at the beach.  

All my lesson plan work has been at the exclusion of Corp work.  I must get back into my 'office' routine on Monday because we have a big meeting on Wednesday to discuss our vision with a friend who may be able to help us get into a good (and forward) direction.  He runs a local equipping ministry and we are looking forward to some time with him to bounce around ideas. 

My favorite thing this week was…
Progress on Lesson plans.
 
Dreaming big while on a walk we have hoped to take all summer... and finally did... through historical downtown.
 
Things I’m working on…
Language Arts Lesson Plans and then Math (and then done!!!)  After all the plans I then need to organize our classroom and prepare for our first day on the 30th (yeahhhhhh!)

I’m reading…
... text books!!!  I have not had time to even crack the covers on my two latest reads.  I even borrowed, "Educating the Whole Hearted Child" from the library and have only gazed at the cover.    
Educating the Wholehearted Child Revised & Expanded
   
The kids and I are still reading Avi though.  
A Beginning, a Muddle, and an End: The Right Way to Write Writing
I don't think they get the puns in this book, it may be better read by someone who is clued in.  Would really like to just spend an hour and shoot through the entire text... and be done!  Kinda bummed we never made it to the Penderwicks :-(  I guess there is always next summer.

I’m praying for…
Peace and not stress over whether we will be ready in time... for the meeting and for school.  Am also praying daily for a friend who desperately needs it just now.

Questions/thoughts I have…
  How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Thanks to my 13 year old daughter, this song has been stuck in my head.... at least it is up-beat and relatable!  I do so love the way He holds me!

Blessings to you, may God make your week special in some wonderful way!





2 comments:

  1. Amanda, the "madness" is what keeps us sane. :) We're starting back Sept. 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loretta, well, I have always said 'normal' was no fun ;-) Thanks for visiting and blessings as you start back!

    ReplyDelete