NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Guiding Spirit of Truth

I am preparing for a trip.  I don't know where, but God said go... so I am.  How is it I can be excited and scared at the same time?

Someone I know went on a trip.  She left.  Her husband, her kids, her life.  She left.  My kids knew, but 'her' kids didn't.  They thought mommy was on vacation.  But she was gone. 

Will my kids think I am 'gone'.  Brooke, with her tender heart, will she worry and be sad?  The others know.  I have explained.  It is my weekend with God.  But Brooke worries.  Won't you be lonely, she wonders about me.  How will daddy sleep without you here

3-year old Brooke :)

I hug and re-assure all will be ok.  What will we eat?  As if daddy doesn't know how to cook a delicious meal.  I assure them they will not starve.  Ashley assures them they will have more fun cause dad lets them do things mom doesn't! 

I smile.  They will be ok.  I will be ok.  After all, this is where God is calling me.  It is only three days.  HE will be there, I can't wait to see what He has to show me.  I am looking forward to a renewed spirit and a ready heart. 


Do you think Jesus felt that way, as soldiers marched forward to take him to be 'judged'?  Do you think he carried that heavy cross, knowing it would soon be all over.  Anguish for the pain, anticipation for what lay beyond the cross?

Do you think the disciples felt that way when they first saw him after resurrection?  Do you think they waited and hoped for the next encounter?  Do you think they remembered his tender words before the awful night of persecution, the awful day on the cross?  Did they wonder and wait with anticipation?


When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me.  - John 16:13-14


Pentecost grows closer as we live the days that Jesus walked.  I ponder John 16 and how confusing it must have been.  How scared, like my Brooke, for the disciples to even consider Jesus being gone.  How Jesus must have nodded and smiled at how tender and innocent these men truly were.  

How much hope they must have had to see Him return... to ponder this Spirit of Truth that would come as well... as fire... like the fire we feel for His mighty words within us.  

As I make my lists, pray over my destination, and consider all this weekend will hold I am assured of one thing... Jesus will be walking with me.  He smiles and nods as I worry of things that need no worry.  I pray these worries melt away and assurance takes their place!

May you be reassured by the walking, breathing, Jesus today.  May His spirit of Truth bring you peace.






Join me as I link up at these lovely sites each Wednesday...
 



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're going to have a weekend alone with God. I pray that it will be restful for you and that you will hear exactly what you need to hear. Saying another prayer for your precious Brooke---that sweet peace will fill her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer! I know Brooke would thank you too :-)
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete