NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

H is for Hope



The spilled milk, the homework half done, shaking your head because you have just explained long division for the 10th time... that day.  Lazy bones won't get out of bed, spelling tests half wrong, homework that sits in piles....
It is Hope.
Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again - 
My savior and my God!
Psalm 42:5 (NLT)

We hope (and we pray) that our patience and love will persevere.  We hope and we trust our children learn not just the lessons in books but also the lessons in life from a teacher we know and (usually) trust!  We hope in the Lord to carry us through, to clean and cook and teach His heart when ours feels weak.

... the hopes of the Godly will be granted.  
- Proverbs 10:24b (NLT)

If we have not hope, have we anything to look towards?  Even our eyes on God is hope wrapped in Love.

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise
-  Hebrews 10:23 (NLT)

Yes, I will take Hope on a day I consider valuable H attributes in Homeschooling.  May you have Hope each day as well!  For today's spilled milk is tomorrow's laughing puddle.  Homework will be done and hearts will grow and learn... because we had Hope and God guides it all.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 
-  Romans 15:13 (TNIV)


God Bless,


4 comments:

  1. This is definitely true! We have to have hope that God is leading us to teach our kids the right things for them and that everything will turn out His way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Naomi! I can't imagine a life without hope... and not teaching my kids to embrace the same outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good word for H. Thanks for the reminder and posting this. We also need to hope in what the Lord has in store for our children in His mighty wise plan and that he will carry it through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joelle, Thank you, you are always so encouraging and I appreciate it! May your hope be continuously renewed :-)

    ReplyDelete