NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Resting in Peace

I stir with impatience.... can't I just get through this?  I am reading words of inspiration but they might as well be scribbles on a white page for all I seem to be gathering.  Why can't it sink in?  Then a voice within says, "You are not resting in ME."

It was the theme last week.  My mother-in-law expressed her realization to no longer needing prayer for peace, "Jesus says He has already given me peace, I just need to realize it."

She was right.  Why don't we realize that?  Why do we rush and push and go, go, go, until the quietness and security of peace is gone?  We are allowing ourselves to be robbed of one of the greatest things God has given us.


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.  - John 12:27

I rest for a moment... "But the world keeps taking it away" is our all-to-often response.  "I try but then he/she/they...."

But the truth is, whether or not we want to admit it, he/she/they don't do anything we don't allow them to.

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”  - John 16:33

Jesus has overcome for us.  He overcame the cross, he overcame the grave, he overcame criticism and ostracizing... he overcame it all before we ever had to.  But that is just it... we don't have to!

Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.."  - John 14:1

As my week has progressed, I have been continually reminded by my Father to rest to know peace because HE desires that for me.  He wants me to read and see, listen and hear, live and feel.

No matter life's worries and interruptions and to-dos today... may you rest in His amazing and abundant peace, for He gives it to you freely so you might except it freely as a good and wonderful gift.
 





2 comments:

  1. (Standing ovation.) I really needed this today. April was a wild month for me, and I needed this reminder that I already have peace. I just need to realize and walk in it! Thank you!

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I am so glad God could use me to share a message that was encouraging for you today! May God Bless your walk in peace!

    ReplyDelete