NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Christ Confident


I learned something today.  Something BIG, something beautiful... something, I pray, that will help me live more fully in and for Him.

First, what I already knew, is that I lack self confidence.  Growing up I was put down a lot, teased a lot (I was the taller than everyone girl with goofy teeth) and I was discouraged a lot.  It kind of stuck.

Over the years I have grown more courageous, but I still lack confidence and at the first seeming sign of condemnation, I shut down.

Not good.

What God showed me today was AMAZING.  He revealed to me how valued I am to Him and how that is the only confidence and approval I need.  God showed me how having confidence in Him and speaking in the Spirit at all times will give me the words and approval I need: His words and approval. 


When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.  - John 16:13 (ESV)


Through Christ I can encounter individuals and speak with confidence in Him, not in myself.  My confidence in Christ will never fail me, never be bruised by bad words or disappointment, and never fall short of giving me the peace He wants me to have.


For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  - Ephesians 2:10 (ESV)


If we are truly living in Christ and He in us, should we not be the most confident people in society?  Not self confident and full of our own value, but Christ Confident and full of his-self and value!

May you be Christ Confident today (and every day!)

God Bless!






 

4 comments:

  1. Being Christ confident and filled with Him... what could be greater?!

    Joy & blessings to you,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I am sitting here in tears. I was picked on and made fun of. I was the new kid...then pizza face...and i still deal with adult acne. It's so hard when one of my children ask me if it hurts...I want to crawl inside myself. Yet, my husband...my amazing husband tells me how beautiful I am. How he loves to see me with my hair air-dry and my skin without make up. How can he see beauty that i don't? I am so blessed by God and my husband....thank you for this post....it has touched me deeply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how God's Word changes our thoughts and heals our hearts! Thanks for sharing this post. I'm visiting from Word-filled Wednesday. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alida, Blessings to you as well, thank you for visiting!

    Rebecca, I would have never known that about you! You seem so confident and outgoing! I am thankful God could use this article to touch your heart. God Bless you!

    Renee, You are very welcome and thanks for swinging by today! God bless :-)

    ReplyDelete