NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I is for Inspired against Imperfection





 

I can't decide which is more important in my homeschool; to be inspired or to remember imperfection is ok... hmmmm.

We are not always inspired to teach.  Let's face it, some days we want to hide from the books!  However, inspiration can mean many things. 
  • Inspired by God to keep moving forward...
  • Inspired by our children to always try harder, do better, be better...
  • Sharing inspiration with other moms so we can all be mutually encouraged...
  • Inspired to know each day is a new day...

And the list could go on!

At the same time I think of all the imperfections.  No school is perfect whether it is homeschool or public school.  We all fall miserably short of getting it all right, every time.  If we don't embrace this fact we will feel like a dismal failure and all the encouragement in the world won't surpass our feelings of self-doubt over all we can't do, didn't do, or should do!


For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, - Ephesians 2:8


I guess there is no choosing between the two words.  We need them both.  If we are constantly inspired by God to know we are His, our children are His, and every day is His... then the imperfections we find will be made perfect by Him too.

May you be Inspired to not be pulled down by Imperfections!

God Bless

6 comments:

  1. So well said. Great post. I have been made aware of this recently. We need to be inspired by God to do our part knowing our kids and us are in his hands and his plans are being accomplished despite all of our imperfections. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle, thank you! It took me some time to figure this one out and I still need to remind myself occasionally. I think our kids count on us to show them we are inspired by God and letting go of our imperfections... it helps them grow more confident in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two go well together! We must be inspired by God to homeschool in the beginning. We also need to realize our imperfections and find ways to compensate so that the learning continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naomi, yes, very true! Thank you for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that there is a balance within families. One person's supposed imperfections are balanced by another's strengths. Since no one is perfect, we need to be careful not to get hung up on imperfections, because God knows the way things need to be for our families. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, I always tell my husband how much I actually appreciate that we are so different. When I am down, he is up. When I am lost, he is found... I love how God balances our families! Thank you for that point!

    ReplyDelete