NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Humility in the Hard Places

Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience is challenging readers/bloggers to write about humility.  She admits it is a difficult task, to hold humility.  I agree...


... as a matter of fact, I failed at humility miserably today.  I have been failing a lot lately.  Is it a woman thing, a human thing, a mom thing... or all of the above?  I don't know, but I did find myself journaling and praying over this alluded attribute today.

It doesn't matter who is right, sometimes it just matters that we handle situations with humility and love.  It doesn't mean we have to give in, it can mean that we stand for our beliefs... only we stand with humility and love.

Saying we are right in a over-the-head manner, pouting, stomping, even getting angry are all counterproductive to bringing the glory of God and showing humility in the hard spots.  But speaking with love, letting anger and frustration go in exchange for peace and softness... these are the ways we reflect God while staying firm in our needs and beliefs.

Humility is many things, and maybe the above is not what you think when you consider humility, but it is how I have found myself lacking today (and this whole last week!)  I don't want to get to the point of apology, I want to begin by doing right and acting in a way that sets myself below, not above, subjecting myself to God, not to man, and knowing peace that produces love in all my actions (and reactions!)... without the effort.

If you struggle, like I do, being humble in the rough places then you know it is all about letting go, letting God, trusting with all your heart, and praying each step of the way.  This is what I am working on this week.  This is where I know hearts learn to grow and bloom.

May you be led by God to reflect humility in the difficult places.

God Bless!








Every life has testimonies of how God intercedes to show His power and glory.  To read the first installment in a brand new series of books about God's divine work in one person's life, click below

5 comments:

  1. Dear Amanda,

    I have been struggling with this humility "thing" all. my. life! It seems that just about the time I've been crucified with Christ, I raise from the dead. Hurty feelings and the anger of violated "rights" are the cardinal signs that I am not dead yet. Ah! I loved how you explained standing firm in love. It's HOW we stand firm that makes the difference. I'm glad I dropped by. I needed this one little tidbit.

    Visiting from Ann's,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humility...it's hard and rooted in Pride, which is our attempt to be better than God....oh...so hard! yet....easy....thank you for this sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amanda,

    The struggle for humility-- I know and understand. I'm there too.

    I am stopping by from WFW and have enjoyed visiting your blog.

    Blessings to you and your family,

    Carolo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully spoken, and something I struggle with too. Like you, I want to be so submitted to God that I do the right thing the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, thank you for visiting and sharing your hearts on humility. I feel blessed to be in such wonderful company! God Bless you all and help you on your walk with Him in seeking humility!

    ReplyDelete