NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Light In the Shadows

I missed yesterday's post here at TFH.  I had intentions, but my day captured me.  There were to-do lists and 'field trips', and arguments and more to-dos.  I did regain peace and fell into bed after the new day stroke and slept till dawn.

I want to share more, later, about all that yesterday was.  K for summer Kick-off with grilling and bike washes.  Exploring the world around us through a great book with assignments and investigations.  For now, a simple message on my heart...


It was through our exploring that God showed me something remarkable.


We trooped out towards library story time, along the way we "researched" light.


It was while sitting outside of the library, waiting for the bus, that I noticed something... a shadow.  Of all the light and shadow we had explored for the 2 hours previous, something was different.

The sun illuminated a tree and sent shards of light between the leaves onto the ground.  An immense oak standing in front of a vintage building currently used as an art gallery, the shadow under its sprawling branches and wide trunk, was cast along the lush green grass and onto the old stucco building.


Front, light; behind, shadow... but not darkness.

so many times in life we feel lost in darkness.  We wonder and cry out for God.  He hears, he answers, not just because he is never far, but because we are never truly in the dark.  Our view of the Sun may be obscured, but His light is so bright it can not be put out.


The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.  - John 1:5


Simply; darkness can not over take Light, no matter how much it tries.  The most darkness can hope to achieve is a mere shadow because Light is too strong, too powerful.

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.  - John 15:4


When you feel like you are in the dark, keep praying, don't give up.  Keep reading your Bible, going to church, talking to fellow believers... don't give up.  Allow God to show you how the darkness is really only a shadow because His light has overcome it... His light will never go out... there is no night, like Alaska in summer!  His sun does not set.

Bask in His sun, use the shadows to relax and cool down, then lean over and see the light has not left, it remains, bright and strong and Beautiful!

Blessings,









Every life has testimonies of how God intercedes to show His power and glory.  To read the first installment in a brand new series of books about God's divine work in one person's life, click below



4 comments:

  1. Dear Amanda,

    I read your first paragraph and I smiled real large. Here it is almost dark and I am just getting my Wednesday entry posted. Time gets away from all of us. I was amazed how my picture and scripture testifying to my ongoing memorization of Colossians was reinforced when I went to Ann's site today AND then, when I came here you talked about light and shadows and darkness. My photo is a shadow of a light post representing Colossians 2:17. Both you and Ann and I were all thinking some of the same things. So like God to draw us together like He does.

    I am here because you posted right before me at Ann's on this Walk with Him Wednesday. I like to say hi to my neighbors!

    Keep up the great homeschooling,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, thank you for the shout out. I agree, it is wonderful how God can draw us and I appreciate you sharing this... it warms my heart to see God working :-) Blessings to you in the Light of His Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It has been a dark week for my family, but I know that the Son has not left us. He is with us in the shadows, shining light on our hearts and situation. What a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, You are so welcome. We will pray for you and your family. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete