NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Monday, June 6, 2011

Multitudes on Mondays #96-115

I look back on the last week and where I was... the hard places, the sad places, the spots that broke my heart... and where I couldn't see the blessings at the start, God shined down and filled my heart with His love and reassurance.

Today, feeling refined and re-formed, I look to a new week and new possibilities... today I am reminded of the blessings of my sons (#96)
They both have birthdays this week; Brenden turns 11 today (much older than the picture above!) and Zach turns 17 on Wednesday and officially takes on "Senior" status.  I suddenly feel a bit older ;-)



Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.  - Proverbs 16:31


#97, scripture that reminds me age is a blessing, not a burden.

So as I bake birthday cakes and prepare the living area for company, I wanted to reflect on other miscellany blessings in multitude from the week past in pictures...

 #98 Knowing I am a safe place for a cat to rest, my feet were cozy and warm by his soft fur and lazing body... how God creates us for each other and each other for His creation


 #99 Brenden wanted a bike for his birthday... and he needed it.  We prayed but nothing was coming up within our budget.  In a moment of sphere blessing, my hubby was at the store and in among the $200 bikes was one and only one $35 bike marked down.  Grandma kicked in $15 to make the bike a joint endeavor and fit this spectacular gift perfectly into our budget.  Oh how God perfectly provides :-) (#100)


 #101 FREE milk and cookies and a tour of a local dairy reminded me how God also provides in amazing ways for our health and nutrition from the animals He created.  Who would have thought to tug at udders and drink of all that protein and vitamin D, unless inspired by God!  And I am so thankful He inspires! (#102)


#103 Spring leaves, no kidding.  Brooke said it looked like a star as she rolled it out between her hands and I couldn't help but think of Isaiah...


Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?  - Isaiah 40:12




#104 How wonderful to know His hand has touched His creation.
#105 advancement.  To see how God has used homeschooling to move my challenged learner forward where he use to always fall behind.  For ice-cream parties with delectable tastes for our pallet (#106) and finishing strong after A LOT of prayer! (#107)  For a celebratory heart and the way God encourages us all through scripture to celebrate, give praise, and be thankful... creating a heart of gratitude. (#108)

 #109 We were blessed with the ability to visit our home church on Sunday.  While Zach practiced with the worship team the rest of us strolled down to the docks.  Breathing in the fresh lake air and missing my old 'home' I realized, sometimes you have to go away in order to come back and fully appreciate (#110)


 #111 Skipping rocks with dad (not in this shot) and children who appreciate the simplicity (#112)


 #113 A rainbow around the sun, is that God's eye watching us?  It was a child's eye who pointed it out.  How tender and sweet are the observations of the young. (#114)


#115 We never could have cats at our other house.  My mother-in-law has 3... and she just adopted 3 more!  We are helping her care for and train them and I am warmed by their sweet innocence as I watch them play and sleep.  What a blessing to observe infancy, even when human infants are no longer in our home!


May your mind be filled with snapshots in multitude of blessings and gratitude this week.

God Bless!








Every life has testimonies of how God intercedes to show His power and glory.  To read the first installment in a brand new series of books about God's divine work in one person's life, click below

3 comments:

  1. Dear Amanda,

    God bless your week as you officially mark the times when your sons pass into another year in their lives. The time goes so fast. It looks like you're making the most of it and are counting your blessings.

    I came to you via Ann's Multitudes on Mondays. You posted right after me today. I always try to visit my "neighbors".

    Bless you,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious list! I love the "celebratory heart!" Yes, may I have eyes to see all the blessings He showers around us everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, Thank you for your blessing and your visit!

    "I Live"... Thank you and bless you indeed!

    ReplyDelete