NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Faith Answers the Door

Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered and no one was there. - Old English Proverb

While studying today I came across the above proverb.  It caused me to pause.  I once heard Joyce Meyer say, "When the devil comes knocking, just say, 'Jesus, will you get that for me?'"  I used her saying for many years to remind myself not to worry and to ask Jesus to attend to my worries.  But the proverb above is slightly different.  It isn't just saying 'Jesus would you get that for me?' it is something more... it is believing with all your heart that God is with you, that Jesus' footsteps cause the enemy to tremble and run, it is the epitome of how our fears will play tricks on our minds because, with faith, there is nothing to fear.

For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.  2 Timothy 1:7

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?  - Psalm 56:3-4


So I looked and found a few other nuggets I wanted to share today (as if the scriptures above aren't great!!).  Pieces to provoke thought and, I pray, to bring peace to your heart on troubled days!


Feed your faith and doubt will starve to death.

Genuine faith is assuring, insuring, and enduring.

Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier.
I pray your faith gives you hope and answers all the doors of doubt and fear to find empty door steps and assurance in-between!

God Bless!


3 comments:

  1. Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier.
    That was my favorite although they were all great. I choose to live by faith because when I let my doubts take over, I become hopeless. This is said mainly in regard to two of my children questioning whether they want to follow God right now. So I choose to have faith that they will not depart from the teachings they have been brought up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that proverb. I find it both comforting and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanda, It is hard when our children stray or struggle. My oldest has come back and forth. I look back at my own life and see how the prayer and faith of others kept God ever-present. Keep your faith and keep your prayer, your children will "not depart from the teachings" :-)

    Rose, So glad to hear it!

    God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete