NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Monday, June 13, 2011

Multitudes on Mondays #116 - 130

Normally I count my miscellany blessings by considering photos of the previous week.  This past week had less photos than usual and I wondered why... I know I considered more blessings than that!  Then I remembered the business of the days that consumed last week and blessing #116 became apparent: doing.

I like to be busy.  Not the extremes of too busy vs. too bored... more like a slow, steady, pitter-patter of occupation where everyone and everything receives due attention.  Time with kids, time in study, time on computer, and time in chores... all well balanced brings me peace. 


She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.  - Proverbs 31:27


 The affairs of my household include trimming long, split-ended hair.  Looking at this picture today, I realized, I really have lost weight.  I couldn't have done it on my own though... God helped me (#117)  I pray to be able and turn to Him to continue a downward direction on the bathroom scale (on not just try to hit at it myself)!  I'm so thankful He is there to lean on! (#118)


 
 These pictures do the eastward view of our valley NO justice, but it does touch on how amazing it is that God does not only stretch out the heavens, but he stretches out the land in extraordinary vistas. (#119)

 Considering swimming season not too far away, thank you, Lord, for natural places to refresh and cool off!  (#120)
Children always in the back of my mind (and sometimes in the back of my pictures!)  Oh how I love their presence so.  (#121)

In the Proverbs 31 fashion, and by the grace and answered prayer from God, I collected a rough schedule for the summer (#122).  While this may seem a superficial thing to be grateful for, any busy mom can attest to the peace that resides in a well-planned and prayed over day.  Time for all people and all things in your life opens the pathway for the Holy Spirit to flow with more ease... I like open pathways! (#123)

He smiles, and I am grateful because he survived a near-death experience last weekend. (#124)  On a mountainside, riding a 4-wheeler with a friend, pulled over to allow an approaching car to pass, wheels slipped and steep mountainside below.... he only rolled a few times and was stopped by a tree.  I praise God for roll-bars (#125), seat belts (#126), responsible parents who care and provide for safety (#127), and answered prayer when we plead daily for God to keep our children safe (#128)... oh, and I am thankful for trees in just the right place to stop rolling teenagers! (#129)  His comments to the possible outcome, "I thought I would either wake up at the bottom of the mountain... or not wake up at all."  I am grateful he realizes the gravity of the situation (#130)


You can see how my muddled week last week accumulates to quite a miscellany degree of blessings but one thing is always at the core:  God was in it.  May God be in the middle of all your multitude of miscellany musings this week!

Blessings!








Every life has testimonies of how God intercedes to show His power and glory.  To read the first installment in a brand new series of books about God's divine work in one person's life, click below

No comments:

Post a Comment